Monday, February 28, 2011

Final Reviews on Deodorant



CLICK HERE to see my review on price, products, and process while making the deodorant

My final thoughts:
Cons- Texture. I'm not sure how much of this had to do with me making it wrong, and how much of it had to do with the recipe itself, but the texture of the deodorant made for an interesting application process. It was incredibly crumbly, and besides all the little balls that tumbled down as you applied, several times large chunks fell off with removal of the lid. That brings me to my second con: longevity. One stick of deodorant only lasted us 2 weeks. At that rate, I'll be making deodorant more than dinner!

Pros- I hope I haven't made you and those lovely armpits give up on this deodorant yet, because IT REALLY WORKS!!! I mean, really works. It works better than any deodorant I've ever used (organic or chemical). Also, because of the creamy coconut oil in the mixture, it only takes a couple swipes. I am normally a 6-7 time swiper, but you really only need 1 or 2 with this bad boy. Other than the crumbling texture, I love everything about this product (dare I call it may favorite so far?) the smell, the efficiency, the clear application, I mean what's not to love!

Overall- I would recommend this deodorant. I am DEFINITELY going to try to make it again. This time I am going to add more coconut oil and less powder to see if that helps with the texture. If I get this right, I seriously don't think I'll ever buy deodorant again. I even love the idea that I can change the scent as desired too! If you make nothing else, please try this one! One warning: despite the clear application, just like regular deodorant; if you get it on the outside of your shirt you will get those weird white lines. It washes out simple enough, but can happen, so don't get to crazy with application :) Overall I give this product a 7 out of 10. The 3 points are docked because of the crumbling and short life span. If I can figure out how to get the texture smoother, this is definitely a 10 out of 10 product!

*Have you made/used this deodorant or do you plan on making this deodorant? Please share your thoughts and process! Comment below or e-mail me at  naturallynourishing@gmail.com. "Subscribe via e-mail" to receive updates whenever a new product is made. Thanks!!*

1 comment:

  1. If you haven't yet, read the "final thoughts on deodorant (updated!)" post to see how my next batch went! (*hint* it went well)

    ReplyDelete