Thursday, February 3, 2011

Questions about the blog

Always feel free to e-mail me or comment on any posts with questions/comments/concerns about blog topics, how to navigate through the blog, or just to talk about the weather! I will answer to the best of my ability and I appreciate the communication!

Here are a few questions I have received since starting the blog. I decided to post them in case anyone else was pondering the same things...



Q: Wait, so how do I sign up to be e-mailed when there is a new posting?
A: If you look in the upper right corner of the blog, there will be a white box that says "subscribe via e-mail." Simply put your e-mail address in the designated space and click "subscribe." You should then almost instantly receive an e-mail asking you to confirm that you reaaaally do want e-mails from NaturallyNourishing :). After confirming, you should be all set! If you do not receive an e-mail when a new post is added, try checking your spam box...

Q: Whoa, whoa, whoa, just how often am I going to get e-mailed?
A: So far, the e-mail service seems to consolidate that day's postings. This means, even if I am feeling inspired and post 97 times in 24 hours, you should just receive one, nice, compact e-mail for that day. So at most, I would say expect 1 e-mail a day (assuming I am posting every day).

Q: Why don't I get an e-mail or notification when someone comments after me on a post?
A: In order to receive an e-mail for everyone's comments (after yours) you need to "subscribe to comments." There is a button for this in the upper right of the blog under "subscribe to naturally nourishing". You will receive those e-mails with every new comment.

Q: Why can't I comment?
A: I have enabled the settings so that anyone can comment, so everyone should be able to comment but I know that some people have had problems. Unfortunately, without seeing what's happening when you try, I can't help too much. I know a few people who were having difficulty before were able to figure it out, perhaps they could respond to this post with ideas?

Q: I saw a post earlier I was interested in, but when I went back later to read it I couldn't find it?
A: The easiest method is to type a keyword for what you are searching for (i.e. face wash) in the google search box found on the top left of the blog under "search this blog!" If you don't see it there, scroll over to the left hand side of the page and scroll up or down until you see "blog archives." There you should see the titles of my most recent posts. These are filed bi-weekly. Click on the different two week ranges until you find what you are looking for. If you still can not find what you are looking for, e-mail me (naturallynourishing@gmail.com) and I will send it to ya!

Q: Why are postings so irregular? Sometimes there are a bunch, then there are days with none?
A: In a nutshell, my life right now is irregular :) (and I wouldn't change it for anything, exciting things happening!) I have a schedule that is a little all over the place which prevents me from having a set time or day to post. I apologize for the lack of order, but am hoping it will fall into place eventually. One thing I can promise: I will do what I said I was going to do, when I said I was going to do it (i.e. if I said I was going to make a new product on a certain date, I promise I will make it on or before that date). Again, sorry for the erratic posting, just know your patience is appreciated!

Q: I think my friend would like one of these posts, how can I share it?
A: Underneath every post there are icons (i.e. envelope, facebook, etc) clicking one of those will enable you to share in the format you choose. To the right of the blog are also several icons to share on facebook, twitter, etc. Also, you can always copy and paste the link!

Q: Are you happy you started this?
A: I am thrilled! I am taking so much pleasure from learning new things and being pushed to create and try new things. I sincerely hope that even one of you will be able to attempt making at least one of these products. It is very freeing to think outside of the box and become more and more aware of how self-sufficient we and the world were built to be!


Well, I think that's the gist of it! If you have any other questions, let me know. You all are what inspire and push me to keep going and that is priceless, thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment