Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Henna Hair?

I was getting my hair colored last night and asked the stylist if there was such a thing as "organic hair dye?" She confirmed that there is a type of all natural dye you could use that was basically just henna. From her perspective though, the negatives far outweigh the positives. She said it is impossible to dye with Henna without getting a redish tint to your hair. She also said that you can not perm/straighten/color over the dye, which is an obvious drawback (once you dye with henna, you have to stick with henna!)

Looks like we have a ways to go with discovery in this field... she recommended sticking with all natural shampoos and conditioners until they find something better! I did some research online and I think this site summed it up best.

Do you know anyone who has used, or have you used organic hair dye? Please share in the comments below, or e-mail me at naturallynourishing@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment