Friday, April 1, 2011

What I will be making next... a facial/body bronzer!!

OK, so I am really excited about this one! Winter time has left me looking like a cotton ball, and in an attempt to keep baby safe, I am going to refrain from making the sun pay me back every ray it owes me this summer. As much as I want to fill a bath with every self-tanner this side of the pacific and lock the door until I come out looking like George Hamilton, I just can't justify putting all those chemicals into my skin... soooo I am taking things into my own hands!


Hoping to look effortlessly sun-kissed, like Elizabeth Taylor pictured here. Rest In Peace.

CLICK HERE to see the blog I got the ingredients/instructions from. I copied the recipe I'll be using below, but you should check out the website, she gives much more information.


Customizable Homemade Contour Powder

  • 1 Tbsp cinnamon powder
  • 1 tsp cocoa powder
  • 1 tsp nutmeg powder
  • 2 tsp cornstarch
  • 15 drops rose otto, lavender, or rosemary essential oil
When you’re adjusting this recipe to your desired darkness, remember: Cinnamon adds glow, cocoa adds depth and darkness, and nutmeg adds a sunkissed brown. Cornstarch spreads it all out and lightens it. Essential oil keeps it together and thickens.


Adjust the levels of ingredients to your liking and mix well in a small bowl, making sure to break up any clumps with your fingers. Place the powder in your clean, empty compact and tamp down well with the back of a spoon.


Apply as you would a contour powder.



So that's that! Hoping for a success on this one, I will be making it 4/15/11


Like what you see? "Subscribe via e-mail" in the top right corner to receive updates when a new post is added! As always, feel free to comment below, or e-mail me at naturallynourishing@gmail.com with any thoughts, questions, or concerns!

No comments:

Post a Comment